Dental Implant Treatments in South Croydon
Have you lost all or some of your natural teeth?
An inlay rests within the bumps (or cusps) on the tooth-chewing surface. A dental onlay can cover several cusps, and is usually larger than an inlay. If you have a missing tooth or missing teeth, bridges, dentures and flexible dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry.
Dental implants are small metal screws that are placed in the jaw so that crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto them.
What does the treatment involve?
- A titanium post is placed in the jaw bone to support a replacement tooth
- This acts in the same way as the root of a natural tooth
- The implant is usually left for some weeks to allow the bone to form a strong bond to the implant
- Once the implant has integrated with the bone the artificial tooth restoration is attached for a natural look
- The artificial tooth is custom made to ensure the ideal colour, shape and size
Dental Implants offer some really exciting benefits to patients:
- Restoring the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state
- Increasing comfort by eliminating loose fitting dentures
- An end to restricting food choices due to dentures
- Avoid filing down healthy neighbouring teeth, as with a conventional bridge
- Preserve facial structure by preventing deterioration of the jaw
- Providing a more natural smile, thus improving appearance and self-esteem
Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting back a great smile and being able to bite and chew with confidence. When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels.