Hygiene Clean – Do your gums bleed?
Clean teeth have a part to play in the way we look and feel about ourselves, and how others look at us. Regular hygienist visits are so important to keep both your teeth and gums healthy in the long run. Most of our patients, we recommend 3-6 monthly hygiene cleans to keep their gums at optimum health.
Benefits of regular hygiene cleans are:
- Fresher Breath
- Reduce risk of gum disease
- Reduce chanced of dental decay
- Removal of most tooth surface stain
- Reduced risk of Diabetes, Heart diease, Stroke, Respiratory Illnesses.
- Some people with medical conditions like diabetes, have a higher risk of developing gum disease as they have an impaired immune system.
You will also receive advice on brushing (i.e. which brush to use), dental flossing, interdentals and mouthwash.
You can find out more by clicking on the link below:
As a dentist treating, I get really happy for the patient when they can see the massive improvement to their gums. For example:
- Where their gums used to bleed before, it is not as much now and there is a visible difference in their gums.
- Where they used to suffer with stale breath, they are now more confident in talking up close to people.
- Where they didn’t smile so much as they were conscious of their teeth, they now smile at the click of a camera for their wedding pictures.
These are just a few of the perks of having regular hygiene cleans. Come book in with us at our practice in South Croydon for a hygiene clean. We aim to do it in the gentles of manners – nervous patients are also very welcome! See you soon…